- 1⁄2cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 2tablespoons salt
- 4quarts water
- 1(12 ounce) can beer
- 8medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2large vidalia onions, cut in wedges
- 2lbs smoked sausage, cut in 2 inch lengths
- 8ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed (I use Birdseye Little Ears)
- 4lbs large shrimp, in shells
- In an 8-quart stock pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil.
- Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp in shells, cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain cookin liquid; pour contents of pot into several large bowl or shallow pails.
- Sprinkle with additional Old Bay.