- 4ripe coconuts
- 1cup evaporated milk
- 1cup gin
- 3tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Using a screwdriver (or awl) and a hammer, poke through the eyes of the coconuts, and drain out the liquid through a strainer into a mixing bowl. There should be a total of about 2 cups. Set the shells aside.
- Add the evaporated milk, gin, sugar if using, cinnamon and nutmeg to the coconut water. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Refrigerate the mixture until cold, at least 2 hours, or cool mixture down with ice.
- To serve, carefully pour the mixture through a funnel into the reserved coconut shells. Insert straws.