People like to always look their best, whether it’s for a social occasion or simply to go to work. It’s not just about looking presentable – people want to know that they stand out with the effort they put into their looks, and there’s nothing wrong with wanting to turn a few heads as people go about their daily lives. Compliments make people feel good and that their efforts have paid off, and feeling good boosts confidence which can have dramatically positive effects on somebody’s life.
There are many things that people do in order to boost their appearance, but one area where a lot of people feel self-conscious about is their teeth. Luckily, modern technology allows people to improve the look of their teeth very easily, and that probably explains the increasing interest in Perth dental veneers which is a way of instantly masking cracked or discoloured teeth. Generally speaking, there are two options when it comes to veneers, composite resin and porcelain, the former of which is usually the cheapest.
Modern resin veneers look great, replicating the teeth’s natural look and colour as well as reflecting light in the same way a tooth would. They also have a few other advantages over the porcelain option, such as:
- Resin veneers are cheaper than porcelain veneers
- Porcelain veneers require at least two dentist trips, whereas resin usually only requires one
- Resin veneers can be repaired if required, where porcelain usually requires completely replacing in the event of any issues
Accent Dental are a popular Perth-based company offering fantastic quality veneers. However, it’s worth knowing why people opt for porcelain over resin veneers to help make an educated purchase decision. Here are some benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain has the potential to last longer than resin, between 10 to 15 years in total
- They arguably look more life-like than the resin option
- They provide tough resistance to staining
- They’re extremely thin, and that means a person isn’t required to lose too much of their own teeth in order for the veneers to look natural when fitted
It largely comes down to personal preference when it comes to making a decision, and that includes how many times a person wishes to visit the dentist to have them successfully fitted. If well looked after, resin veneers should last multiple years. Although, despite the larger initial purchase price of porcelain, it is a material that should outlast resin with proper maintenance. To a big extent, it depends on individual perspective whether it’s cheaper to go for the lowest initial cost or longest lasting material.
A Smile to be Proud of
Cosmetic enhancements are getting more and more popular as time goes by, and Perth dental veneers provide people with a fast way to improve their smile and showcase natural-looking white teeth. It’s a much faster procedure than other teeth whitening solutions while still being a relatively inexpensive way for people to boost their confidence levels and feel good about themselves.