Credit: Halfpoint / Shutterstock
Luckily, AT&T has a new Special Offer that could net you one of the newest Apple Watches for free with a couple of caveats. That makes it a great offer for current subscribers and people considering switching to the carrier.
Specifically, the carrier is offering up to $500 off a second Apple Watch when you purchase two on qualifying installment plans. That discount is applied as bill credits during the length of your installment agreement.
The promotion specifically applies to Apple’s latest wearables: the Apple Watch Series 4 and the Apple Watch Series 5. That means you can get the latest and greatest of Apple’s wearable tech for a significant discount.
As is usual with carrier promotions, there are some requirements to be eligible for the offer.
- You’ll need to buy two Apple Watches that are at least $299.99 on an installment plan.
- You’ll need to pay the taxes and a $30 activation fee on each device at checkout.
- You’ll need to add at least one new line of service and activate postpaid service for each Apple Watch. (That’s a minimum of $10 a month per line.)
- The offer applies to an upgrade and a new line, or two new lines. You won’t be able to get it if you’re upgrading two lines.
- AT&T notes that existing customers could add the offer to current plans, which may end up cheaper in the long run.
- The maximum discount won’t exceed the cost of the lower-priced device or $500, whichever you hit first.
- If you cancel service before the end of the contract, you’ll be responsible for paying the full price of both devices.
Despite those pretty standard caveats, the deal is one of the best that we’ve seen on Apple’s latest wearables. You can buy two Apple Watch Nike Series 5 devices — maybe one for you and one for a loved one — and basically just pay for one.