Author Notes: This salad gets a citrusy lift from fresh tangerines and its dressing. The crisp, cooling texture and flavor of the cucumber make this a great salad for shari (…more) —Daniel Shumski
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 2cups English cucumber, cut into quarters lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/2cups cooked white kidney beans
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground sumac
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 tangerine (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 2tangerines, cut into segments
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a serving bowl, mix the cucumber and beans. Dust with the ground sumac and toss the mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the tangerine juice.
- Add the parsley to the serving bowl and then drizzle the dressing over the salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the tangerine segments and toss lightly to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad can be assembled in advance without parsley and refrigerated for a day. Add the parsley just before serving.